CUTTENT DUVAL TOURIST DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL MEMBERS:
- Chair: Council President Tommy Hazouri
- Vice Chair: Council Vice President Sam Newby
- Scott Wilson
- Steve Grossman
- Jeff Truhlar
- Angela Phillips
- Craig Smith
- Kirit Patidar
- Dennis Chan - appointment resolution pending
COMPOSITION OF DUVAL TOURIST DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL:
Pursuant to Sec. 70.102, Ordinance Code:
(a) The Tourist Council shall be composed of nine members appointed by the City Council in accordance with the following requirements:
(1) The City Council President shall be a member ex officio.
(2) One member shall be the City Council Vice President at the time of the initial appointment. Upon a vacancy of such seat, the City Council Vice President at the time of such vacancy shall be appointed to such seat for the duration of the appointment term.
(3) One member shall be a past City Council President or a City Council member with a demonstrated interest and experience in tourism.
(4) Three members shall be owners or operators of motels, hotels, recreational vehicle parks or other tourist accommodations located in the General Services District and subject to the tourist development tax levied by the city. Such members shall be involved in the tourist industry and have demonstrated an interest in tourist development.
(5) One member shall have experience and background in the commercial airline industry or the Jacksonville Aviation Authority. Such member shall also be involved in the tourist industry and have demonstrated an interest in tourist development.
(6) Two members shall be persons who are involved in the tourist industry and who have demonstrated an interest in tourist development, but who are not persons described by subsection (a)(4) of this section.
(7) All nine members shall be electors of the General Services District.
(8) At least two of the nine members shall be residents of the Second, Third, Fourth or Fifth Urban Services District, or owners or operators of tourist accommodations or attractions located within the Second, Third, Fourth or Fifth Urban Services District, or individuals whose involvement in the tourist industry is directly related to activities within the Second, Third, Fourth or Fifth Urban Services District. Such members may be elected municipal officials, if permitted by law.
Members shall serve without compensation, pension or retirement benefits; however members may be compensated for travel expenses as provided in Chapter 106, Part 7, Ordinance Code.
(b) All members of the Tourist Council, except the Council President, shall serve for staggered terms of four years. All terms of office shall begin on July 1 and members shall serve until their successors have been appointed.