The City of Jacksonville charges user fees to certain property owners for residential solid waste collection and stormwater (drainage system) maintenance and management. These fees are billed as non-ad valorem assessments on property tax bills.
Jacksonville Stormwater Utility website
Solid Waste Division website
- The 2021 Low-Income Exemption Application is available. Final deadline March 31, 2022
- The 2022 Low-Income Exemption Application is available. Early filing deadline: July 31, 2022. Final deadline: March 31, 2023
- Electronic applications function best when used in Adobe Reader or Internet Explorer. "Submit by e-mail" does not work in Chrome PDF Viewer.
- The service period for the assessments is the calendar year in which they appear on the property tax bill. For example, the assessments on the 2012 tax bills covered the service period January to December, 2012. For reference, please see Sec. 754.106(e)(1) and Sec. 382.502(b), Jacksonville Ordinance Code.
- Call (904) 630-CITY (2489) or e-mail the City Fees office if you have questions about your assessments.
- Property tax (ad valorem) exemptions - such as those for homestead or veterans - DO NOT apply toward the stormwater or solid waste fee. Property owners billed for one or both fees must pay the property tax bill, even if no property taxes are levied.
|There is a Quarterly Installment Plan available for property owners whose estimated taxes (including assessments) total more than $100. The deadline to enroll is May 1 of the tax year you wish to start the program. Click here for more information, or call the Tax Collector's Office at (904) 255-5700, option 4.