To apply, please complete an online volunteer appliation.
This is an unpaid volunteer position assisting in the handling and care of adoption animals. Duties may include handling of adoption animals, exercising, bathing and grooming animals, providing food and water, and maintaining kennel facilities. Will also assist in placement of adoption animals. Work may be performed at a retail pet store or at various kennel sites. Contacts require courtesy, tact, and effectiveness. Will provide routine information, answer questions or obtain clarification. The work is performed under immediate supervision. Volunteers may be in contact with minimum custody inmates.
* Desire to care for animals.
* Ability to read, comprehend, and follow written and oral instructions in English.
* Ability to communicate effectively.
* Kindness and compassion toward animals.
* Ability to lift up to about 30 pounds.
This is an on-going assignment and individuals interested should commit to volunteer for 4 hours each month. Community Service Participants and teen volunteers are acceptable. Volunteers are responsible for their own transportation.