The Jacksonville Housing and Community Development Commission (JHCDC) is designated as the housing agency for the City of Jacksonville. Their mission is the creation of affordable housing and the eradication of substandard housing with the goal of developing and maintaining healthy communities.
The Commission has 11 members, six of whom are appointed by the mayor and confirmed by City Council and five of whom are appointed by the Council. View current Board member list here: JHCDC-Roster-SEP-2021.pdf
Their charge is outlined as follows:
- Develop a clear, measurable and meaningful definition of substandard housing.
- Identify, specify as to location and map substandard housing properties and blighted areas of the city for the purpose of elimination.
- Implement neighborhood action plans to target infill housing as a community development priority.
- Centralize a housing delivery system, which is responsive to affordable housing needs county-wide. The delivery system should minimize opportunities for territorialism and maximize a cohesive utilization of existing housing the property development resources - both public and private.
- Establish a close and interactive relationship with planning, permitting and zoning functions of the city, streamline these efforts and facilitate more efficient housing development processes.
- Lead and coordinate the effort to build more affordable urban infill housing units.
- Provide technical and financial assistance to non-profit and faith-based organizations to increase their capacity to provide infill housing.
- Identify and develop funding streams and financial resources for all phases of affordable housing development including land banking, foreclosures and seizures and property transfer to viable developers.
- Facilitate the development of a process of homebuyer preparation that helps create a pipeline of prospective purchasers of new affordable housing.
- Create a marketing and community outreach initiative that promotes housing opportunities.
JHCDC Meetings are held on Wednesdays at 214 North Hogan Street 8th Floor Jacksonville, FL 32202 - 9:30 am.
View the JHCDC 2023 Calendar
Please contact Barbara Florio to be added to the mailing list.
Upcoming meeting Information:
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
JACKSONVILLE HOUSING AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION
In-Person Meeting WEDNESDAY, February 22, 2023 – 9:30 AM 214 North Hogan Street, 8th Floor/Room 851 Jacksonville, FL 32202 NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Jacksonville Housing and Community Development Commission (JHCDC) will hold an in-person meeting on Wednesday, February 22, 2023 at 9:30 AM in Room 851 (the 8th floor conference room) of the Ed Ball Building, located at 214 North Hogan Street, Jacksonville, FL 32202. The purpose of this meeting is for informational presentation to the JHCDC as reflected on the meeting agenda. The agenda can be found at the following location:
22 FEB 2023 - JHCDC Agenda
22 FEB 2023 - JHCDC Public Notice
22 FEB 2023 - JHCDC Public Notice (Espanol)
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, accommodations for persons with disabilities are available upon request. Please allow 1-2 business days notification to process; last minute requests will be accepted but may not be possible to fulfill. Please contact the City of Jacksonville Disabled Services Division at: V(904) 255-5472, TTY-(904) 255-5475, or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members of the public are invited to attend this meeting in person. If you have any questions regarding this notice or would like to receive a copy of the agenda and/or meeting materials, please contact Sandra Nester by telephone at (904) 255-8235 or by email at SLNester@coj.net.
View past JHCDC Agendas and Minutes here.
December 2022 - Catholic Charities
Catholic Charities 2021 Annual Report presentation
Ability Housing - JHCDC presentation - 23-FEB-2022.pdf
Northwest JaxCDC - JHCDC presentation 23 FEB 2022.pdf
September 2021 Presentation
Arc PATH JHCDC Presentation 9-21.pdf
August 2021 Presentation
JASMYN Presentation to JHCDC 25-AUG-2021.pdf
April 2019 Presentation: Fair Housing Week 4-24-19
September JHCDC Presentation: NFAN - 9.25.2019 presentation
November\December Presentation: Catholic Charities JHCDC Presentation December 2019