The American Red Cross Presents: Humanity in War: An International Law Primer for Professionals
March 08, 2019
9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
University of North Florida
1 UNF Drive
Jacksonville, FL 32224
This free day-long course is an engaging and comprehensive overview of International Humanitarian Law (IHL). The course is appropriate for professionals and interested members of the public. This course is free. Advanced registration is required. CLE accreditations are available.
Participants will learn:
Humanity in War Event Registration
Humanity in War Event Flyer
- Classification of armed conflicts
- Geneva Conventions and additional Protocols
- Fundamental principles and protections afforded by international humanitarian law
- Distinction between combatants and civilians
- Civilian direct participations in hostilities
- Role of the Red Cross and principled humanitarian action