Use This Time Schedule, Checklist and Planning Kit
As Soon As Possible
At Least 2 Weeks Before Your Planned Cleanup Date
- Talk with your neighbors and local businesses to create an interest, define the area to be cleaned and seek participation. Choose site captains to coordinate event and assign specific responsibilities.
One Week to Two Days Before
- Pick a spot and write down the location of appliances, tires and yard waste to prepare for the special disposal and separate curbside placement needs of these items.
- Set a date and time for the clean it up. Log on to JaxNHOrg.coj.net to register your community cleanup.
- Distribute flyers to advertise the event, solicit volunteers and inform interested parties about the time, date and location of the meeting place. Be sure to include a contact person, phone number.
- Notify churches, youth groups, civic organizations, schools and local businesses to ask for their support and participation.
- Ask local businesses to participate by providing permission to use their dumpster for disposal, display an event flyer in a prominent place, donate refreshments or other items and encourage employees to volunteer.
Cleanup Day and After You Finish
- Pick up support materials such as bags, gloves and safety vests from Clean It Up, Green It Up.
- Assign responsibilities and delegate tasks to volunteers.
- Have fun and enjoy the satisfaction of improving your community!
- Take sign-in sheets and a pen or pencil to record the names of volunteers and to check volunteers in and out.
- Remember to encourage safe cleanup practices.
- Remind volunteers to bring water if it can’t be provided.
- Immediately after your cleanup, log on to JaxNHOrg.coj.net to report your cleanup stats (number of volunteers, how long they worked, number of bags they collected), and location of debris if you want it picked up.
- Please remember to return items borrowed from Clean It Up, Green It Up.
Thank you for helping to keep Jacksonville beautiful.
Have a good cleanup!