The Housing & Community Development Division allocates funds to a variety of organizations to provide services to residents in need of special assistance.

It provides funding through the HOPWA (Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS) program to agencies that provide various means of assistance to individuals who suffer from HIV/AIDS.

It also allocates money to the I.M. Sulzbacher Center for the Homeless through the Emergency Shelter Grant to provide a place of refuge for indigent individuals who find themselves without a place to live.

Various services offered to the city's disabled residents can be found on the Disabled Services site.