International Coastal Cleanup
September 15, 2018
7 - 11 a.m.
Volunteers Needed. Participants 18 years or older, unless accompanied by an adult, are invited to join community leaders and citizens in a coastal cleanup, hosted near various waterway locations throughout the city. Gloves, bags and materials will be provided by site captains. Service hour certificates are also available to students. Pre-registration is not required but encouraged. For more infromation, please call (904) 255-8276.
9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Beach Boulevard (at the ocean)
- Atlantic Boulevard (at the ocean)
- Seagate Avenue & 20th Avenue North (at the ocean)
Note: Site locations and times subject to change.
- Blue Cypress Park - 4012 University Blvd. N
- Castaway Island Preserve - 2921 San Pablo Rd. S
- Ft. Caroline National Memorial - 12713 Fort Caroline Rd.
- Hollybrook Park - 319 Cherokee St.
- Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park - 500 Wonderwood Dr.
- Mandarin Park - 14780 Mandarin Rd.
- NS Mayport Jetties Pavilion #3 - Bon Homme Richard St. (Across from Damage Control Wet Trainer Facility. Volunteers must have base access or arrange base access.)
- McCue Boat Ramp - 2510 2nd Ave. N
- Northbank Riverwalk at Sydney J. Gefen Park - 504 Alfred DuPont Pl.
- Reddie Point Preserve - 4499 Yachtsman Way
- Riverview Community Center & Park - 9620 Water St.
- Walter Jones Historic Park - 11964 Mandarin Rd.
- Yacht Basin Park - 2941 St. Johns Ave.
Safety tips: Wear sturdy, closed toe footwear. Wear sun protection and gloved. Be alert for slippery wet surfaces. Do not climb on rocks or get into water. Avoid overexertion and bring water to stay hydrated. Wear safety vests or bright colors along roadsides. Do not handle or remove hazardous items or substances.