Bait & Tackle
Boat Trailer Parking
On the water
Paddle Board Rental
Alejandro Garces Camp Tomahawk Park is located just north of San Clerc Road, between the San Jose and Beauclerc sections of southeast Jacksonville. Octavio Garces, an instructor at The Bolles School, known as Captain O.S. Garces to his campers, and his wife Geraldine (Gerry) Garces established a private day camp on the site in the latter 1950’s known as Camp Tomahawk. The city later purchased the property from the couple in 1981 for use as a public park, subject to the stipulation that it be named for Mr. Garces’ father, Alejandro Garces. The neighbors principally wanted a passive park, and most of the grounds have been left in a natural state with a mature growth of oak, pine, and maple trees and a creek that extends through the middle of the tract to Goodbys Creek. And with help from the Mayor’s Council on Fitness and Well-Being, the Jacksonville Track Club, and numerous Eagle Scouts, the trails have been expanded and improved over the years.
Benches 11 Bike racks 1 Car Parking 12 Drinking Fountain Grills 6 Multiuse Field 1 Perimeter Site Fencing Picnic shelters 1 Picnic Tables 10 Playground Equipment 3 Restrooms 1 Security Lighting