National Crime Victims' Rights Week Annual Awards Luncheon
Tuesday, April 26, 2022
12 p.m. (noon)
Jacksonville Downtown Main Library
303 North Laura Street
Jacksonville, Florida 32202
Download the Luncheon Reservation form
VAAC National Crime Victim's Rights Week Award Nominations
The Mayor’s Victim Assistance Advisory Council (VAAC) will sponsor the annual observation of National Victims’ Rights Week in Jacksonville, FL. Individuals and organizations that have demonstrated outstanding achievements above and beyond their daily responsibilities on behalf of crime victims and victims’ rights will be recognized. The Mayor’s VAAC will present victims’ rights awards in the following categories:
A VAAC Selection Committee will choose the winner in each category. Winners will be honored at the Annual Awards Luncheon during Victims’ Rights Week. Persons submitting nominations may be contacted for additional information and/or to present the awards.
- COURAGEOUS VICTIM – A victim of crime who has shown the courage to speak out and make a difference regarding fair treatment of victims in the criminal justice system and in our community.
- OUTSTANDING VICTIM ADVOCATE – A person or organization that has demonstrated excellence, compassion, and dedication in working for the welfare of victims, improvement of victims’ services, and protection of victims’ rights.
- JUDICIAL VICTIM ADVOCATE – An individual (prosecutor, judge, or other judicial professional) who has demonstrated sensitivity and responsiveness to victims’ rights.
- LAW ENFORCEMENT VICTIM ADVOCATE – An individual (police officer, correctional officer or other professional) who has demonstrated sensitivity and responsiveness to victims’ rights.
- MEDIA – An individual, corporation or organization that has demonstrated respect for the dignity of victims of crime and sensitivity to victim issues.
Please submit a nomination form for the most outstanding candidate of your choice in one category on the official nomination form. You may nominate more than one person. However, please complete a separate nomination form for each person. Your Nominee can be a paid professional, a volunteer, or an organization.
Include at least two (2) of the following general areas of consideration in your nomination:
- Uniqueness of Contribution
- Impact of Service on/in the Community
- Amount of Time Spent on this Achievement
Download the VAAC National Crime Victim's Rights Week Award Nomination Form