Are you looking for a position with a work/life balance? Do you want to earn four weeks off during your first year of employment? Do you want low and no cost health insurance options? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need to complete your application now. Work for the city you love!!!
The Property Appraiser's Office is actively seeking an Appraisal Assistant.
Did you know that as a City of Jacksonville employee, you would also have 11 paid holidays and a personal leave day as well? In addition, to health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance and flexible spending plans are also available. City of Jacksonville employees are also eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness after 10 years of public service and on-time payments.
This position reports to the Field Administrative Supervisor and is primarily a data entry position for the Field Operations Division, in the Duval County Property Appraiser's office. Appraisal Assistants also have some clerical related tasks. Appraisal Assistants are expected to meet production and quality standards set by the PAO/Field Division.
Examples of Work
· Inputs fieldwork onto current tax roll, using CAMA system
· Answers the telephone; greets visitors, responds to requests for routine information on field policies and procedures.
· Distributes, makes copies and files work products
· Maintains and utilizes spreadsheets to track information
· Interacts with property owners, mortgage reps, CPAs, business owners
· Identifies and corrects errors, first level of quality control of information being updated
· Works on special projects, including but not limited to permit research and/or posting, draw from plans, vacant aerial review.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Ability to type and enter data quickly and accurately; type at least 40 words per minute.
· Ability to sketch and interpret two-dimensional drawings.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Organizational skills
· Prior experience in a job(s) that require skill in dealing with customers.
· Ability to explain procedures and policies
· Proficiency in math
· Attentive listening skills are important in this position, so that accurate and tactful responses can be provided promptly
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is preferred.
· Data entry into a Computer Assisted Mass Appraisal system preferred.
Open Requirements/Supplemental Information
· A minimum of six (6) months of data entry and/or clerical experience
· A High School Diploma or GED
To Apply click on link below:
How to Apply for an Available Position
Applications are only accepted for available positions. Applicants interested in an available position(s) should click here: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/jacksonvillefl/default.cfm
, create an account or login, and submit your application.