Household Hazardous Waste I E-Waste I HHW Facility I Mobile Collection Events I Fee Schedule
Household Hazardous Waste
- Household hazardous wastes (HHW) cannot be collected curbside. Residents may take items to the city's Household Hazardous Waste Facility
Please be aware that it is unlawful to place hazardous waste of any kind in the residential collection waste streams. Municipal Code Section 380.209.
Household Hazardous Waste Facility
2675 Commonwealth Avenue
Jacksonville, FL 32254
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Tuesday – Saturday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday – Monday: Closed
- Hazardous waste disposal
- Appliance disposal
- Large electronics disposal
- Consultation about disposal or special handling of hazardous waste
Types of hazardous household waste which may be brought to the HHW Facility or mobile collection events include:
- Pesticides, pool chemicals, or any other type of chemicals or acids
- Car parts, scrap metal, antifreeze, motor oil or used oil filters
- Gas, propane, kerosene or diesel fuel/tanks
- Fireworks, flares, fire extinguishers, gun powder or ammunition
- Drain cleaners, paint, varnish, shellac, thinners or strippers
- Thermometers or thermostats
- Car batteries or rechargable batteries
- Photographic chemicals
- Aerosol cans
- Fluorescent or Compact Flourescent (CFL) lights/tubes/bulbs
- Disposing paint/motor oil limits are 27 gallons of paint and/or 27 gallons of motor oil in a 30 day period per Duval County Resident.
- Residents are encouraged to use a mobile collection event or the Household Hazardous Waste Facility for the recycling of electronic waste.
Types of e-waste which may be brought to the HHW Facility or mobile collection events include:
These items will be collected as part of normal garbage collection service if left at the curb. However, once these items enter the waste stream with normal garbage they cannot be recycled and are disposed of in the landfill. These items are only collected from residences. Businesses should check for available recycling centers to arrange for the recycling and/or disposal of any e-wastes.
- Computer monitors*
- Computer terminals
- Stereo equipment
- Desk and mobile phones
- Power tools
- Small kitchen appliances (i.e. microwaves, toaster ovens)
- Health and beauty appliances
- There is a limit of 3 Cathode Ray Tubes (CRTs) and televisions per customer.
- Some items may be returned to the retailer for recycling (ex. E-waste, motor oil, automotive batteries, rechargeable batteries, fluorescent and CFL bulbs) for check with the retailer.
This is a link to learn more about electronic waste.
Mobile Collection Events:
- Our mobile collection events program has been expanded from collecting household hazardous wastes to include the collection of electronic wastes (e-wastes).
- Each event is open to all Duval County residents. For information, call (904) 387-8847.
Please check the schedule closer to the date of the event as dates are subject to change.
Duval Residents: Free
Others: Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator and Non-Residents
Flammable Liquids – $4.25 / Per Gallon
Latex - $1.25 + Documentation Fee
Checks/money orders only to be made payable to Tax Collector.
*To report illegal dumping of household hazardous waste, please call (904) 255-7519 or (904) 255-7501.
*To request service or report a problem, please call (904) 630-CITY (2489) or visit myjax.custhelp.com.