- Bulk items are defined as large items of residential waste which, because of their volume, size, shape or weight, cannot be placed for collection in the City-issued garbage carts.
- Bulk item collection varies by item type and service area.
- Bulk items are collected the same day as your recycling. Set out all items no later than 6 a.m. on collection day.
Types of Household Bulk
- Mattresses, sofas, chairs, other furniture and BBQ grills
- Glass (mirrors, table tops)—must be wrapped and taped
- Rolled carpet and padding—no longer than five (5) feet
- Fencing – wire fencing must be rolled into bundles and secured, while wooden fences must be cut into sections
- Each piece must not be longer than five (5) feet
- Treated or painted wood – cut to six (6) feet in length or shorter
- Place within five (5) feet of curb
Please be aware that it is unlawful to place hazardous waste of any kind in the residential collection waste streams. Municipal Code Section 380.209