- Separate household garbage from recycling and from yard waste
- Set items out no later than 6 a.m. on collection day and no earlier than 5 p.m. the day prior
- Remove empty receptacles by 6 a.m. the day after collection
- Make sure what you set out meets the standards
- Be sure there is no hazardous waste in your household garbage
- Recycle as much as possible
- These are the links to schedule tires or appliances collections
- Confirm your schedule online here or please call 630-CITY (2489).
- If your garbage, recycling or yard trash has not been picked up by 6 p.m. on the scheduled collection day, please report the missed pick up by visiting 630city.coj.net, or call 630-CITY (2489) the following day.
Help fight blight and report illegal dumping - 630-CITY (2489)
Please be aware that it is unlawful to place hazardous waste of any kind in the residential collection waste streams. Municipal Code Section 380.209.
- Stack items for collection in front of or immediately next to mailboxes, fire hydrants, utility poles, meters or utility boxes, or overhead utility lines or low hanging tree limbs
- Block sidewalks, driveways, vehicle travel lanes or parking spots
- Discard hazardous waste with household garbage
- Forget to follow the collection standards
- Contribute to blight by littering or dumping waste illegally
- Place recyclables in plastic bags
WHY WASTE GETS LEFT BEHIND
- Garbage mixed with recycling or yard waste mixed with garbage
- Excessive size and/or weight
- Improper placement of receptacles
- Set out after 6 a.m. on collection day
- Contractor-generated material (Ord. Sec. 380.206)
- Is or contains household hazardous waste
- Usually, items left on the curb don’t meet one or more of the service standards.
- Anything left behind should be tagged with an explanation of why it was left.
Automated Collections Program:
For those residents in the Republic Services and/or Waste Pro service areas automation includes garbage and recycling services
For those residents in the Advanced Disposal Services/City service areas automation is for recycling services only
To request collection service or report a problem with collection, please call (904) 630-CITY (2489) or visit the MyJax online customer service website at myjax.custhelp.com.