Renew Tags Online
DHSMV Home Page
DHSMV Online forms
Dealer Control Sheet
Need to register a recently purchased vehicle? Here's how.
Mail in the following items to our office:
1. Florida title accurately completed by seller(s) and buyer(s)
2. Completed HSMV form 82040, found here: https://www.flhsmv.gov/pdf/forms/82040.pdf
3. Bill of sale or dealer invoice
4. Tag # to be transferred, if any
5. Copy of valid Florida insurance card
6. Copy of applicant(s) valid U.S. driver license
7. Check or money order; please contact our office at 904-255-5700 or email@example.com for fees, as they will vary.
Duval County Tax Collector
231 E. Forsyth Street, Suite 440
Jacksonville, FL 32202
Motor vehicles, vessels, mobile homes, and trailers in the State of Florida must be registered and /or titled. It is the responsibility of the Tax Collector, in his capacity as agent for the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, to provide the necessary services and operations to accomplish this job. The Tax Collector works closely with this state agency to ensure all transactions are conducted according to State Statutes. For answers to your specific questions, select from the menu above or go directly to the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicle site by clicking here.
CONSUMER ALERT: Unofficial third party sites, such as eTagsDirect, are offering to process online car registration renewals. These private companies are not affiliated with the Duval County Tax Collector or the State of Florida and charge unnecessary fees for their online services.