The Tax Collector’s Office is pleased to announce a partnership with the Florida Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics that will allow Florida-born citizens to obtain a certified copy of their birth certificate at Tax Collector offices.
All nine Tax Collector locations offer the service.
Requirements to obtain a birth certificate in a Tax Collector’s office:
I. To determine your eligibility (relationship) to receive a birth certificate, you must meet one of the following criteria:
1) Be the child named on the certificate AND be 18 years of age or older
2) Be the named-parent on the certificate
II. Provide information about the child named on the certificate:
1) Full name of child at birth and any subsequent legal name changes
2) Date of birth
3) City of county of birth-Mother’s full name including her maiden surname
4) Father’s full name (if his name is on the record)
III. Provide information about the person ordering the certificate:
1) Full name
2) Relationship to person named on the certificate (father, mother, self, etc.)
Mailing address (include city, state and zip code)
Individuals who were born in Florida and have valid identification for proof of identity will be able to purchase a certified copy of their birth certificate at the Tax Collector’s office for $15.00 per copy, $10.00 per additional copy, plus a $6.25 service fee per application.
Florida birth certificates will continue to be offered at the Bureau of Vital Statistics and Duval County Health Department. For more information, visit their website at www.floridavitalstatisticsonline.com