With the passage of 2014-472
new guidelines were put into place for the operation of food trucks in Jacksonville - especially in the Downtown area.
Mobile Food Dispensing Vendors in the Downtown area are not allowed to locate:
- Within 15 feet of any Sidewalk Vendor as defined in Section 250.301 of the Ordinance Code.
- Within 50 feet of a permanent establishment selling food for on‐premises consumption, as measured from a primary entrance of the permanent establishment to the Mobile Food Dispensing Vendor.
- Within 50 feet of a residential unit, unless that residential unit is development part of a vertically mixed‐use structure with ground floor non‐residential, as measured from the front door of that residential unit to the Mobile Food Dispensing Vendor.
- On any City Right‐of‐Way or metered parking space.
Hours of operation in the Downtown area are unlimited.
Free‐standing signage in the Downtown area shall be a single menu board not to exceed three feet in height, and six square feet in area, which shall be located within five feet of the Mobile Food Dispensing Vehicle.
Except where already designated in the Downtown area and City Parks a Mobile Food Dispensing Vendor is not allowed to locate:
- On any divided road which does not have curbs and sidewalks alongside such road; on or in any median in any road; within any area which would block the view of traffic or traffic signals or traffic signs
- Within 15 feet of any crosswalk; any building entrance or exit or any walk which leads directly from a building entrance or exit;
- Within 20 feet of any bus stop;
- Within 25 feet of any intersection of a public street, right‐of‐way, driveway or alleyway;
- Within 75 feet of any Sidewalk Vendor who has been granted an assigned location permit pursuant to Section 250.301 of the Ordinance Code;
- Within 15 feet in all directions of any fire hydrant;
- Within 50 feet from a brick and mortar business or on any property on which is located any established permanent business which sells the same types of products or services as requested to be sold by the Mobile Food Dispensing Vendor, unless the property owner or business owner of the established permanent business provides written consent to allow the Mobile Food Dispensing Vendor to locate and operate on the established permanent business.
Hours of operation for a Mobile Food Dispensing Vendor shall cease at 3:00 a.m. eastern time, and shall resume its hours of operation no earlier than 6:00 a.m. eastern time, unless it has a Special Events Permit.