Trust is vital for the successful operation of any public entity. That’s includes JEA. Rebuilding that trust is going to be a top priority for the seven community leaders I am recommending for appointment to the JEA Board of Directors.
This is a necessary step in rebuilding public trust and strengthening the future of this vital community asset, creating a fresh start from which we can move forward.
These seven well-respected community leaders were chosen after multiple discussions with business and community leaders, and numerous conversations with Council President Scott Wilson and other members of City Council. I am grateful that they have answered this call to serve.
- John D. Baker, II, executive chairman & CEO, FRP Holdings, Inc.
- Joseph P. DiSalvo, lieutenant general, U.S. Army (ret.)
- Dr. A. Zachary Faison, Jr., president & CEO, Edward Waters College
- Dr. Leon L. Haley, Jr., CEO, UF Health Jacksonville
- Marty Lanahan, executive vice president & regional president, Iberia Bank
- Robert “Bobby” L. Stein, president, The Regency Group
- Tom VanOsdol, senior vice president, Ascension Healthcare & ministry market executive, Ascension Florida
After many conversations with these candidates and others in our community, I am confident that they are up to the task. These are strong business and executive minded individuals that will make well-reasoned and insightful decisions.
My team and I will work closely with City Council throughout the confirmation process, where we look forward to highlighting the many strengths these candidates bring to the table for our municipal utility.