The Lace & Axle Newsletter
The Lace & Axle Newsletter, a digital bulletin issued quarterly, includes information on recent pedestrian and bicycle improvements throughout Jacksonville. Please contact Lurise Bannister, Planning Services Manager, at Lurise@coj.net for the most recent newsletter.
JaxRax Bike Rack Request Form
Are you a business owner who would benefit from bicycle parking? Do you know a business that needs a bicycle rack? The City will furnish and install bike racks, free of charge, to businesses in an effort to become a Bicycle Friendly Community. For the JaxRax Program Manual, Click Here. To request a bicycle rack, fill out the below form.
2017 Pedestrian and Bicycle Master Plan
The Master Plan developed a prioritized network of recommended bicycle facilities for City and State roads located within the I-295 Beltway.
Download a copy of the Master Plan here.
Event by Friends of BPAC
Online via Zoom on Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 5:30 PM EST
This meeting was postponed from our regularly monthly meeting date. BPAC meetings are regularly scheduled monthly via Zoom, for the first Thursday at 5:30 pm.
Two or more members of the CSSSC will be in attendance.
Items to be discussed will include the following:
- The potential for funding Emerald Trail projects through the proposed increase in the Local Option Gas Tax
- Jacksonville’s complete streets policy and how it will benefit bicyclists and pedestrians
- Deficient bike lanes along the Gate Parkway repaving project
- Status of the COJ the bicycle pedestrian coordinator position
If you would like to attend and have not received an email with the meeting link, you can receive one by emailing Larry Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTICE OF ATTENDANCE OF MEMBERS OF THE CONTEXT SENSITIVE STREETS STANDARDS COMMITTEE:
Members of the Context Sensitive Streets Standards Committee will be in attendance at this meeting, and may discuss topics relating to the Context Sensitive Streets Standards Committee.
Local Biking Information and Groups
- Parks Trail Guides and Maps
- Find local trails to bike and hike
- JTA Bikes on Buses
- How to load a bicycle on a bus and more
- The Honey Pot Bike Collective
- A non-profit dedicated to fixing up bicycles for community members
- North Florida Bike Club
- Find local rides, popular routes, and community events
- Bicycle Pedestrian Action Committee (BPAC) which advocates for bicyclist and pedestrians in Jacksonville
- Bike Duval
- Community organization committed to social rides and events
- Springfield Preservation and Revitalization (SPAR) hosts "Explore the Core" social bike rides and more
Planning Services Manager
Can be reached at (904) 255-7939