The Lace & Axle Newsletter
The Lace & Axle Newsletter, a digital bulletin issued quarterly, includes information on recent pedestrian and bicycle improvements throughout Jacksonville.
2017 Pedestrian and Bicycle Master Plan
The Master Plan developed a prioritized network of recommended bicycle facilities for City and State roads located within the I-295 Beltway.
Download a copy of the Master Plan here.
Bicycle Parking Information
The Jacksonville City Council approved new standards for bicycle parking in August 2018. These standards make parking a bike easier and more convenient. New bike racks are required to support bicycles in two places, and be conveniently located near business entrances, while not blocking sidewalks for pedestrians. These changes are now in the Ordinance Code and the Land Development Procedures Manual Section 3 (Pages 10 to the 18). We can also provides examples of well-designed bicycle racks in Jacksonville.
If you would like to start the process to obtain a permit to install a bicycle rack in City Right-of-Way contact Karissa Moffett (email@example.com) for more information.
- Parks Trail Guides and Maps
- Find local trails to bike and hike
- The Honey Pot Bike Collective
- A non-profit dedicated to fixing up bicycles for community members
- JTA Bikes on Buses
- How to load a bicycle on a bus and more
- North Florida Bike Club
- Find local rides, popular routes, and community events
- Bicycle Pedestrian Action Committee (BPAC) which advocates for bicyclist and pedestrians in Jacksonville
- Bike Duval
- Community organization committed to social rides and events
- Springfield Preservation and Revitalization (SPAR) hosts "Explore the Core" social bike rides and more
Can be reached at (904) 255-7830
Email Karissa Moffett