Designed to assist individuals and families struggling to meet monthly obligations for mortgage, rent or utility (water, gas, electric or telecommunications) payments due to wage loss from the COVID-19 crisis
All 40,000 appointments for the mortgage, rent and utility relief program have been claimed. You must have an appointment to recieve funding. Please review the information below before coming to your appointment.
Eligibility criteria include:
- Must live in Duval County
- At the time of application, annual household income must not exceed $75,000 – a household is defined as the family occupying a specific residence. If such residence has only one individual occupying it, then that individual makes up the household. If there is more than one adult living in a household together, only one adult may qualify for funding for the household.
- You must have documentation reflecting employment as of February 29, 2020 (may show paystubs, bank statements reflecting direct or indirect deposits or letter from employer that includes salary or typical wages earned in a 2-week period)
- Since February 29, 2020, you must have experienced a reduction in hours of work or pay reduction by 25% or more as a direct result of the COVID-19 crisis
Distribution of payment cards will be held at the Main Library, located at 303 North Laura Street and the Ed Ball Building, 214 N. Hogan Street. Appointments for distribution will begin on Monday, May 4, 2020 at 9:00 AM. Hours for distribution appointments will be 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM 7 days a week. All applicants will enter the Main Library from the Duval Street/Main Street entrance, or enter the Ed Ball Building from the Monroe Street entrance, next to the loading dock.
Citizens MUST do the following to receive funds:
- Starting Friday, May 1, 2020 at 10:00 AM, make an appointment online at https://jaxrelief.coj.net.
- Please be sure to keep a copy of your confirmation number and appointment time and bring it with you to your appointment.
- If you do not have online access, please call 630-City (no earlier than Friday, May 1, 2020 at 10:00 AM) Expect longer wait times due to expected high call volumes. (The online process is the preferred method of application.)
- Wear a mask – if you do not have one, you will receive one at the door
- Come alone to your appointment - only one applicant per household may attend the appointment in person
- Bring your own BLUE pen
- Bring the following items for verification purposes (if you can bring copies of your documentation that will speed up the processing time):
- Either know or bring your Social Security Number with you – we must have the number to register the payment card in your name
- Documentation that you were employed on February 29, 2020 – this may be a paystub showing employment through February 29, bank statements reflecting pay deposits – either direct or indirect, or a letter from your employer
- If you recently moved to Duval County, please bring your out of state Driver’s license or state ID, PLUS any type of bill in your name with your current Duval County address on it
- Driver’s license or state ID for identification and address verification purposes
- Applicants will be asked to sign a certification that you meet all eligibility requirements
- Applicants will fill out and sign a W-9 form
- Applicants will sign a certification that you have received the payment card
Citizens must NOT do the following:
- Arrive on-site without an appointment
- Arrive prior to your scheduled appointment time – we cannot accommodate citizens waiting in line prior to their appointment time so you will be asked to wait in your car if you arrive early
- Bring family members or friends to your appointment – only the applicant may attend
- Come to your appointment if you are feeling sick – if you are feeling sick for any reason please call 630-City to reschedule.
You may park in the Main Library parking garage for FREE – the parking garage entrance is located at 33 West Duval Street OR you may park in the Ed Ball parking garage for FREE – the garage entrance is located on Monroe Street.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, accommodations for persons with disabilities are available upon request. Please allow 1-2 business days’ notification to process; last minute requests will be accepted, but may not be possible to fulfill. Please contact the Disabled Services Division at: V- 904-255-5466, TTY-904-255-5476, or email your request to KaraT@coj.net.