The City of Jacksonville Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) is excited to announce the opening of 26 of 34 community pools for the 2021 season.
Outdoor pools are open Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. Cecil Aquatics is open year-round. Outdoor pools are open 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday through Friday; 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturdays; and 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Sundays. Cecil Aquatics will open Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sundays from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. The following pools will be open for the Memorial Day weekend:
- Adolph Wurn – 2115 Dean Rd.
- Andrew Jackson – 128 West 30th St.
- Baldwin – 345 Chestnut St. N.
- Charles Clark – 8739 Sibbald Rd.
- Clanzel T Brown – 4415 Moncrief Rd.
- Emmett Reed - 1093 W. 6th St.
- Fletcher - 700 Seagate Ave.
- Fort Caroline – 4131 Ferber Rd.
- Grand Park – 2740 Division St.
- Harts Rd – 11597 Harts Rd.
- Julius Guinyard – 1358 Jefferson St.
- Robert Kennedy – 1139 Ionia St.
- Lakeshore Middle – 2519 Bayview Rd.
- Lee HS – 1200 S. McDuff Ave.
- Mandarin – 4831 Greenland Rd.
- Oceanway – 12215 Sago Ave. W.
- Paxon – 3413 W. 5th St.
- Pine Forest – 2335 Gattis Ln.
- Raines – 3663 Raines Ave.
- Ribault – 5820 Van Gundy St.
- Sandalwood – 2750 John Prom Blvd.
- Sunny Acres – 2850 Wompi Dr.
- Terry Parker – 7301 Parker School Rd.
- Thomas Jefferson – 390 N. Jackson Ave.
- Westside – 5530 Firestone Rd.
- Woodland Acres – 8200 Kona Ave.
With the removal of the mask mandate and new guidelines by the CDC for outdoor activities, pools will return to full capacity. Masks will not be required but will be encouraged. Staff will continue to sanitize common areas and will socially distance when in confined areas.
The City of Jacksonville is still seeking qualified lifeguards to staff City pools. This is a great opportunity to serve your community and make money! Becoming a lifeguard is wonderful opportunity to learn leadership, responsibility, and teamwork. Apply now for a rewarding summer job that also looks great on a professional resume. The starting salary for lifeguards is $10.00 an hour once hired.
“Pools are popular gathering spots for our citizens in neighborhoods throughout Jacksonville. Opening these pools for the Memorial Day Weekend is a tradition that we felt was important to continue this year and we hope everyone enjoys a safe and happy holiday weekend,” said Keith Meyerl, Division Chief of Recreation and Community Services.
For more information about summer activities, visit PRCS’s webpage at JaxParks.com
About PRCS: The Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) serves diverse populations of all ages and abilities through recreation activities and programs, conservation and marine resources, sports and entertainment, senior services, social services, disabled services, and extension services serving approximately 900,000 residents in Duval County. PRCS offers over 400 parks and recreational spaces. For more information, please visit COJ.net/departments/parks-and-recreation.