As the start of the school year approaches, the City of Jacksonville’s Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) is announcing the end of weekday swimming at pools located at DCPS schools.
Beginning on Saturday, August 6, pools located at schools will only be open on weekends. This includes:
- Terry Parker High School – 7301 Parker School Rd.
- Sandalwood High School – 2750 John Prom Blvd.
- Mandarin High School – 4831 Greenland Rd.
- Andrew Jackson High School – 128 W. 30th St.
- Ribault High School – 5820 Van Gundy St
- Riverside High School Pool – 1200 South McDuff Ave.
- Baldwin Middle/High School – 345 Chestnut St. N.
- Eugene Butler Pool – 900 Acorn St
- Fletcher High School – 700 Seagate Ave.
Outdoor pools in Parks will remain open during the weekdays until Friday, August 12. On Saturday, August 13, the following pools will only be open on weekends:
- Thomas Jefferson Park – 390 N. Jackson Ave.
- Fort Caroline – 131 Ferber Rd.
- Woodland Acres/ Warrington Park – 8200 Kona Ave.
- Pine Forest – 2335 Gattis Ln.
- Harts Rd/ Eartha Napolean Park – 11597 Harts Rd.
- Robert Kennedy Park – 1139 Ionia St.
- Oceanway Park – 12215 Sago Ave. W.
- Julius Guinyard – 1358 Jefferson St.
- Grand/ Johnnie Walker Park – 2740 Division St.
Weekend hours of operation are Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sundays from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. On Monday, September 5, outdoor pools will be open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. for the final day of the summer pool season to celebrate Labor Day.