In observance of Memorial Day, the following City government offices and facilities will be closed on Monday, May 27, 2019.
Jacksonville Public Library
- City Hall at St. James, 117 W. Duval St.
- Ed Ball Building, 214 N. Hogan St.
- Jake M. Godbold City Hall Annex, 407 N. Laura St.
- Yates Building, 231 E. Forsyth St.
- (The Office of the Tax Collector, including all Tax Collector branch offices and The Office of the Property Appraiser)
- Duval County Courthouse, 501 W. Adams St.
- Supervisor of Elections main office, 105 E. Monroe St.
- Animal Care and Protective Services, 2020 Forest St.
- Municipal Code Compliance Division, 214 N. Hogan St.
- Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department administrative offices, 515 N. Julia St.
- Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department offices, 214 N. Hogan St.
- All community and senior centers and gymnasiums managed by the Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department
- Tillie K. Fowler Regional Park Nature Center, 7000 Roosevelt Blvd.
- Victim Services Center, 403 W. 10th St.
- Kids Hope Alliance, 1095 A. Philip Randolph Blvd.
- Social Service Division Emergency Assistance office, 1809 Art Museum Drive
- Right-of-Way and Stormwater Management Division administrative offices, 609 St. Johns Bluff Road
- Mowing and Landscape Maintenance Division administrative offices, 609 St. Johns Bluff Road
- Solid Waste Division administrative offices, 1031 Superior St.
- Household Hazardous Waste Facility, 2675 Commonwealth Ave.
- The Ritz Theatre & Museum, 829 N. Davis St.
- Cecil Gym and Fitness Center, 13531 Lake Newman Drive
- Cecil Aquatic Center, 13611 Normandy Blvd.
All public libraries will be closed Sunday, May 26 – Monday, May 27.
Garbage, Yard Waste and Recycling Collection
Collection services will run as scheduled.
630-CITY Call Center
The office will be closed Saturday, May 25 – Monday, May 27. Citizens can submit a request for City service online anytime at 630CITY.coj.net
Tennis centers will be open Monday, May 27, from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Outdoor pools will be open Saturday, May 25, from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m., Sunday, May 26, from 2 p.m. - 6 p.m. and Monday, May 27, from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. Please note that the following pools will be closed for repairs:
Huguenot Memorial Park
- Harts Road Pool, 11597 Harts Road
- Ed White High School Pool, 1700 Old Middleburg Road
- Englewood High School Pool, 4412 Barnes Road
- Sunny Acres Pool, 9428 Merrill Road
- Robert F. Kennedy Pool, 1139 Ionia St.
- Oceanway Pool, 12215 Sago Ave. W.
- Julius Guinyard Pool, 1358 Jefferson St.
- Charles Clark Pool, 8793 Sibbald Road
Huguenot Memorial Park will be open from 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. on Monday, May 27. Admissions gate closes for entry at 5 p.m. Camping is available.
Periodically, Huguenot Memorial Park managers must implement limited beach parking plans in preparation for high tides or other natural occurrences which could cause beach and/or park closures if maximum vehicle capacity is reached. Park-goers are always encouraged to check conditions before visiting the park by calling (904) 255-4255 or visiting www.jaxparks.com.
Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park
Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park will maintain regular hours, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Park day-users and campground visitors may enter from 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. All but permitted campers and their authorized visitors with passes must depart by 6 p.m. Camping reservations close at 5:30 p.m. daily. Only campers with prepaid reservations can gain access from 6 p.m. - 9 p.m. People without a prepaid pass waiting for them will not be admitted after 5:30 p.m. All campers must check-in by 9 p.m. and have tents and RV’s set up by 9:30 p.m. After 9 p.m., no one may enter to set up on a campsite.