In observance of Memorial Day, the following City government offices and facilities will be closed on Monday, May 31, 2021.
Jacksonville Public Library
- City Hall at St. James, 117 W. Duval St.
- Ed Ball Building, 214 N. Hogan St.
- Jake M. Godbold City Hall Annex, 407 N. Laura St.
- Yates Building, 231 E. Forsyth St.
- (The Office of the Tax Collector, including all Tax Collector branch offices and The Office of the Property Appraiser)
- Duval County Courthouse, 501 W. Adams St.
- Supervisor of Elections main office, 105 E. Monroe St.
- Animal Care and Protective Services, 2020 Forest St.
- Municipal Code Compliance Division, 214 N. Hogan St.
- Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department administrative offices, 515 N. Julia St.
- Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department offices, 214 N. Hogan St.
- All community and senior centers and gymnasiums managed by the Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department
- Tillie K. Fowler Regional Park Nature Center, 7000 Roosevelt Blvd.
- Victim Services Center, 403 W. 10th St.
- Kids Hope Alliance, 1095 A. Philip Randolph Blvd.
- Social Service Division Emergency Assistance office, 1809 Art Museum Drive
- Right-of-Way and Stormwater Management Division administrative offices, 609 St. Johns Bluff Road
- Mowing and Landscape Maintenance Division administrative offices, 609 St. Johns Bluff Road
- Solid Waste Division administrative offices, 1031 Superior St.
- Household Hazardous Waste Facility, 2675 Commonwealth Ave.
- The Ritz Theatre & Museum, 829 N. Davis St.
- Cecil Gym and Fitness Center, 13531 Lake Newman Drive
- Cecil Aquatic Center, 13611 Normandy Blvd.
All public libraries will be closed on Monday, May 31.
Garbage, Yard Waste and Recycling Collection
Collection services will run as scheduled.
630-CITY Call Center
The office will be closed Saturday, May 29 – Monday, May 21. Citizens can submit a request for City service online anytime at 630CITY.coj.net
Tennis centers will be open Monday, May 31, from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Outdoor pools will be open Saturday, May 29 from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m., Sunday, May 30, from 2 p.m. - 6 p.m. and Monday, May 31, from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. Please note that the following pools will be closed during Memorial Day weekend.
Huguenot Memorial Park
- Harts Road Pool, 11597 Harts Road
- Ed White High School Pool, 1700 Old Middleburg Road
- Englewood High School Pool, 4412 Barnes Road
- Wolfson High School Pool, 7000 Powers Avenue
- Highlands Middle School Pool – 10913 Pine Estates Road
- Carvill Pool – 1302 Carvill Avenue
- Butler Middle School Pool – 900 Acorn Street
- Johnnie Walker/Grand Park Pool – 2740 Division Street
- Mallison Pool– 3133 Lenox Avenue
Huguenot Memorial Park will be open from 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. on Monday, May 31. Admissions gate closes for entry at 5 p.m. Camping is available.
Periodically, Huguenot Memorial Park managers must implement limited beach parking plans in preparation for high tides or other natural occurrences which could cause beach and/or park closures if maximum vehicle capacity is reached. Park-goers are always encouraged to check conditions before visiting the park by calling (904) 255-4255 or visiting www.jaxparks.com.
Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park
Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park will maintain regular hours, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Park day-users and campground visitors may enter from 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. All but permitted campers and their authorized visitors with passes must depart by 6 p.m. Camping reservations close at 5:30 p.m. daily. Only campers with prepaid
reservations can gain access from 6 p.m. - 9 p.m. People without a prepaid pass waiting for them will not be admitted after 5:30 p.m. All campers must check-in by 9 p.m. and have tents and RV’s set up by 9:30 p.m. After 9 p.m., no one may enter to set up on a campsite.
About the City of Jacksonville
The City of Jacksonville is the largest city by land mass in the contiguous United States, serving approximately 900,000 residents. Located in Duval County, City of Jacksonville leadership includes the mayor and a 19-member City Council. To learn more about the City of Jacksonville, visit COJ.net