In observance of Memorial Day, the following City government offices and facilities will be closed on Monday, May 30, 2022.
Garbage and Yard Waste Collection
- City Hall at St. James, 117 W. Duval St.
- Ed Ball Building, 214 N. Hogan St.
- Jake M. Godbold City Hall Annex, 407 N. Laura St.
- Yates Building, 231 E. Forsyth St. (The Office of the Tax Collector, including all Tax Collector branch offices and The Office of the Property Appraiser)
- Duval County Courthouse, 501 W. Adams St.
- Supervisor of Elections main office, 105 E. Monroe St.
- Animal Care and Protective Services, 2020 Forest St.
- Municipal Code Compliance Division, 214 N. Hogan St.
- Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department administrative offices, 515 N. Julia St.
- Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department offices, 214 N. Hogan St.
- All community and senior centers and gymnasiums managed by the Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department
- Tillie K. Fowler Regional Park Nature Center, 7000 Roosevelt Blvd.
- Victim Services Center, 403 W. 10th St.
- Kids Hope Alliance, 1095 A. Philip Randolph Blvd.
- Social Service Division Emergency Assistance office, 1809 Art Museum Dr.
- Right-of-Way and Stormwater Management Division administrative offices, 609 St. Johns Bluff Rd.
- Mowing and Landscape Maintenance Division administrative offices, 609 St. Johns Bluff Rd.
- Solid Waste Division administrative offices, 1031 Superior St.
- Household Hazardous Waste Facility, 2675 Commonwealth Ave.
- The Ritz Theatre & Museum, 829 N. Davis St.
- Cecil Gym and Fitness Center, 13531 Lake Newman Dr.
- Cecil Aquatic Center, 13611 Normandy Blvd.
There will be no disruption to service.
630-CITY Call Center
The office will be closed Monday, May 30. Citizens can submit a request for City service online anytime at myjax.custhelp.com
Southside Tennis will be open from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. All other tennis centers will be closed.
Huguenot Memorial Park
Huguenot Memorial Park will be open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Monday, May 30. The admissions gate close for entry at 6 p.m. Camping is available.
Periodically, Huguenot Memorial Park managers must implement limited beach parking plans in preparation for high tides or other natural occurrences which could cause beach and/or park closures if maximum vehicle capacity is reached. Park-goers are always encouraged to check conditions before visiting the park by calling (904) 255-4255 or visiting www.jaxparks.com.
Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park
Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park will open at 8 a.m. and will close at the regular time of 8 p.m. Early bird and annual passes required for entry from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. Park Day-users and campground visitors may enter from 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. All visitors, with the exception of permitted campers and their authorized visitors with passes, must depart by 8 p.m. Camping reservations close at 6 p.m. daily. Only campers with prepaid reservations can gain access from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. People without a prepaid pass waiting for them will not be admitted after 7:30 p.m. All campers must check in by 9 p.m., and have tents and RVs set up by 9:30 p.m. After 9 p.m., no one may enter to set up on a campsite.
Outdoor pools will be open Saturday, May 28 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday, May 29, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Monday, May 30, from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. The following pools will be open on Saturday, May 28:
COVID-19 Testing and Vaccinations
- Terry Parker High School – 7301 Parker School Rd.
- Fort Caroline – 131 Ferber Rd.
- Woodland Acres/ Warrington Park – 8200 Kona Ave.
- Sandalwood High School – 2750 John Prom Blvd.
- Samuel Wolfson High School – 7000 Powers Ave.
- Pine Forest – 2335 Gattis Ln.
- Mandarin High School – 4831 Greenland Rd.
- Andrew Jackson High School – 128 W. 30th St.
- Harts Rd/ Eartha Napolean Park – 11597 Harts Rd.
- Robert Kennedy Park – 1139 Ionia St.
- Oceanway Park – 12215 Sago Ave. W.
- Grand/ Johnnie Walker Park – 2740 Division St.
- Raines High School – 3663 Raines Ave.
- Cecil Aquatic Center – 13611 Normandy Blvd.
- Westside High School – 5530 Firestone Rd.
- Baldwin Middle/High School – 345 Chestnut St. N.
- Thomas Jefferson Park – 390 N. Jackson Ave.
- Fletcher High School – 700 Seagate Ave.
- Lakeshore Middle School – 2519 Bayview Rd.
All COVID-19 testing and vaccinations sites operated by Agape Family Health, Telescope Health and Duval Department of Health will be closed on Monday, May 30. Normal operations will resume Tuesday, May 31. Closures include:
- Clanzel T. Brown Community Center, 4545 Moncrief Rd.
- Lane Wiley Senior Center, 6710 Wiley Rd.
- Joseph Lee Center, 5120 Perry St.
- Beaches Location (former Kmart shopping center), 540 Atlantic Blvd.