In observance of New Year’s Day, the following City government offices and facilities will be closed Friday, Jan. 1, 2021.
- City Hall at St. James, 117 W. Duval St.
- Ed Ball Building, 214 N. Hogan St.
- Jake M. Godbold City Hall Annex, 407 N. Laura St.
- Yates Building, 231 E. Forsyth St.
- (The Office of the Tax Collector, including all Tax Collector branch offices and The Office of the Property Appraiser)
- Duval County Courthouse, 501 W. Adams St.
- Supervisor of Elections main office, 105 E. Monroe St.
- Municipal Code Compliance Division, 214 N. Hogan St.
- Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department administrative offices, 515 N. Julia St.
- Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department offices, 214 N. Hogan St.
- All community and senior centers, and gymnasiums managed by the Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department
- Tillie K. Fowler Regional Park Nature Center, 7000 Roosevelt Blvd.
- Victim Services Center, 403 W. 10th St.
- Kids Hope Alliance, 1095 A. Philip Randolph Blvd.
- Social Service Division Emergency Assistance office, 1809 Art Museum Drive
- Right-of-Way and Stormwater Management Division administrative offices, 609 St. Johns Bluff Road
- Mowing and Landscape Maintenance Division administrative offices, 609 St. Johns Bluff Road
- Solid Waste Division administrative offices, 1031 Superior St.
- Household Hazardous Waste Facility, 2675 Commonwealth Ave.
- The Ritz Theatre & Museum, 829 N. Davis St.
Jacksonville Public Library
All public libraries will close at 6 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 31, 2020, and remain closed Friday, Jan. 1, 2021.
Garbage, Yard Waste and Recycling Collection
There will be no change to the collection schedule.
630-CITY Call Center
The office will be closed Friday, Jan. 1, 2021. Citizens can submit a request for City service online anytime at MyJax.CustHelp.com.
Animal Care and Protective Services
The City’s animal shelter will be open from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 31, 2020, and closed Friday, Jan. 1, 2021.
Cecil Aquatics & Gym
Cecil Aquatics & Gym will be open Thursday, Dec. 31, 2020, from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. and closed Friday, Jan. 1, 2021.
All tennis centers will be open Thursday, Dec. 31, 2020, from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. and closed Friday, Jan. 1, 2021.
Huguenot Memorial Park
Huguenot Memorial Park will be open from 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 31, 2020, and Friday, Jan. 1, 2021. The admissions gate closes for entry at 5 p.m. Camping is available.
Periodically, Huguenot Memorial Park managers must implement limited beach parking plans in preparation for high tides or other natural occurrences, which could cause beach and/or park closures if maximum vehicle capacity is reached. Park-goers are always encouraged to check conditions before visiting the park by calling (904) 255-4255 or visiting JaxParks.com.
Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park
Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park will open from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 31, 2020, and Friday, Jan. 1, 2021. Park day-users and campground visitors may enter from 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.; with the exception of permitted campers and their authorized visitors with passes, all day-use visitors must depart by 6 p.m. Camping reservations close at 6 p.m. daily. Only campers with prepaid reservations can gain access from 6 – 9 p.m. People without a prepaid pass waiting for them will not be admitted after 5:30 p.m. All campers must check in by 9 p.m., and have tents and RVs set up by 9:30 p.m. After 9 p.m., no one may enter to set up on a campsite.