Legislation to be Filed with City Council on Feb. 12
Mayor Lenny Curry will file legislation with the Jacksonville City Council on Wednesday to appoint seven business and community leaders to the JEA Board of Directors.
“These past few weeks I have held numerous conversations with local business & community leaders, elected officials, and City Council members about our municipal utility and the JEA Board of Directors,” said Mayor Curry. “I am grateful for these seven well-respected and community-minded leaders who have answered the call to serve the people of our city on the JEA board. I am confident that they are up to the task of rebuilding public trust and strengthening the future of this vital and valued community asset. My team and I look forward to working with City Council throughout the appointment process.”
The seven appointees are:
- John D. Baker, II, executive chairman & CEO, FRP Holdings, Inc.
- Joseph P. DiSalvo, lieutenant general, U.S. Army (ret.)
- Dr. A. Zachary Faison, Jr., president & CEO, Edward Waters College
- Dr. Leon L. Haley, Jr., CEO, UF Health Jacksonville
- Marty Lanahan, executive vice president & regional president, Iberia Bank
- Robert “Bobby” L. Stein, president, The Regency Group
- Tom VanOsdol, senior vice president, Ascension Healthcare & ministry market executive, Ascension Florida
The appointment legislation will be introduced at the Feb. 25 meeting of City Council. JEA board members are appointed by the mayor and must be confirmed by City Council.
About the City of Jacksonville: The City of Jacksonville is the largest city by land mass in the contiguous United States, serving approximately 900,000 residents. Located in Duval County, City of Jacksonville leadership includes the mayor and a 19-member City Council.