As Hurricane Ian approaches the Jacksonville area, the City of Jacksonville Emergency Operations Center (EOC) continues to collaborate with local and state agencies as they track and monitor for any potential impacts.
- Hurricane Ian is expected to be about 80 miles east of Jacksonville’s coast today, September 29 around 10 PM.
- Jacksonville International Airport will be open for operations on Friday, September 30. Some airlines will operate on reduced schedules, so it’s important to check flight status with your airline before heading to the terminal.
- The Jacksonville Transportation Authority will gradually resume normal operations beginning at 12PM on Friday, September 30.
- Legends Center (5130 Soutel Dr.) – open for general population and special needs
- Landmark Middle School (101 Kernan Blvd.) – open for general population and pet-friendly
- Atlantic Coast High School (9735 R. G. Skinner Parkway) – open for special needs only, pet-friendly
- LaVilla School of the Arts (501 N. Davis St.) – open specifically for homeless individuals