As Hurricane Ian leaves the Jacksonville area, the City of Jacksonville Emergency Operations Center (EOC) continues to collaborate with local and state agencies as they assess and respond to the effects.
- Tropical Storm and Hurricane watches have been lifted in Duval County.
- Duval County remains under a Coastal Flood Warning.
- All Beaches are open. However, there is a high rip current risk and high surf advisory residents are asked to stay out of the water.
- The Jacksonville Beach Pier will reopen to the public Saturday, October 1 at 7 AM.
- All four shelters will close today, September 30.
- Duval County Public Schools (DCPS) will reopen all facilities and activities Monday, October 3.
- All government offices and facilities will return to normal operations Monday, October 3.
- Animal Care and Protective Service (2020 Forest St) will be open Friday, September 30 from 12PM to 5PM as weather permits for individuals looking for lost pets and those interested in fostering.
- Animal Code Enforcement Officers will be in the field responding to animal related emergencies while weather conditions allow. For animal emergencies, please call 630-CITY.
- The Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens will reopen Saturday, October 1 at 9 AM.