9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Household Hazardous Waste
Household hazardous wastes cannot be collected curbside with regular trash. Residents may bring these items to one of the scheduled mobile collection events or they may take items to the Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Facility located at 2675 Commonwealth Ave. The HHW Facility is open Tuesday through Saturday, 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Types of waste that may be brought to one of the mobile events or to the HHW Facility include:
- Paint, varnish or shellac
- Paint thinners and paint strippers
- Rechargeable, automobile or lead acid batteries
- Thermometers and thermostats
- Drain cleaners
- Pool, automobile, cleaning, lawn, garden and photographic chemicals
- Aerosol cans
- Fertilizer and pesticides
- Gun powder, ammunition and fireworks
- Fluorescent bulbs and tubes, including CFL light bulbs
- 20-pound propane cylinders
- Oil and oil filters
- Gasoline, diesel and kerosene
- Fire extinguishers
For more information or to arrange for special handling of unusual waste material, call (904) 630-CITY (2489) or visit www.coj.net
, search keyword hazardous waste
Residents are encouraged to utilize a mobile collection or theHousehold Hazardous Waste Facility, located at 2675 Commonwealth Ave., for recycling electronic wastes. The HHW Facility is open Tuesday through Saturday, 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Types of E-Waste that may be brought to one of the mobile events or to the HHW Facility include:
- Computer monitors*
- Computer terminals
- Stereo equipment
- Desk and mobile phones
- Power tools
- Small kitchen appliances (i.e. microwaves, toaster ovens)
- Health and beauty appliances
*There is a limit of 3 Cathode Ray Tubes (CRTs) and televisions per customer.
These items will be collected as part of normal garbage collection service if left at the curb. However, once these items enter the waste stream with normal garbage they cannot be recycled and are disposed of in the landfill.
These items are only collected from residences. Businesses should check for available recycling centers to arrange for the recycling and/or disposal of any e-wastes.