Are you looking for an opportunity to use your skills and talents, to make new friends or to learn new skills? Join the Jacksonville residents who are stepping forward to make a difference in our community through JaxCorps.
JaxCorps is the City of Jacksonville's volunteer program directed by Employee Services. It is a partnership between residents and city government. JaxCorps provides the residents of Jacksonville with opportunities to be exposed to all aspects of city government. Volunteers work side-by-side with City employees. They enhance services that may not otherwise be provided.
The City of Jacksonville offers diverse volunteer opportunities with flexible schedules including weekends. Volunteers play key roles by providing service to the community, assisting with special events, and in daily operations. This provides an opportunity for residents to become active participants in their local government.
Get involved in City government by volunteering for City agencies such as Victim Services, Animal Care and Protective Services, or in any of our other ongoing opportunities. Volunteers are also needed to support City-sponsored special events like the World of Nations and Florida/Georgia Weekend.
Who can volunteer?
The City of Jacksonville welcomes everyone with a desire to make a difference in their community. This includes retirees, homemakers, high school and college students and families. With weekend and evening volunteer opportunities, even people with busy schedules can find a way to make a difference.
Volunteer Opportunities with the City of Jacksonville:
Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department is looking for volunteers to help run the 1st Annual JaxParks MONOPOLY Tournament at Legends Community Center. We have opening availability for shifts! Volunteering is a fun way to give back to the community and enjoy The MONOPOLY Tournament at the same time!
Volunteering with us has its perks! If you choose to volunteer with us, you will receive the following benefits based on what shift you select:
- 1st Shift: 7:30AM – 12:30 PM
- 2nd Shift: 12:30PM – 5:30PM
- Both Shift: 7:30AM– 5:30PM
- Sign-in / Information Table
- Banker – This is an officially sanctioned tournament, and as such players may not act as bankers while playing. Each game table is to have four players plus a banker. If you've played MONOPOLY before, it won't be hard to be a banker, but each banker should familiarize himself or herself with our Tournament Rules.
- Serve food and handout refreshments.
- Clean up and breakdown of event.
Gratuities for Volunteers:
- JaxParks MONOPOLY T-Shirt to wear while volunteering.
- Continental breakfast
- Refreshments during the event.
- Drawstring Bag
- JaxParks promotional items.
- Must be at least 16.
- Attend Training on Thursday, May 18, 2023, at 6:00PM
How to join JaxCorps:
Simply apply online at www.coj.net/volunteer or email email@example.com for more information.
Other community volunteer opportunities:
'You cannot light the way for others without brightening your own path.'
For more information contact:
117 West Duval Street, Suite 100
Jacksonville, FL 32202
E-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org