The City of Jacksonville Office of Sports and Entertainment is seeking talented, enthusiastic, and dynamic students who are looking to expand their knowledge and gain valuable experience.
Internships within the following fields of study are encouraged to apply:
- Public relations
- Event management
Support the Office of Sports and Entertainment in planning, promotion and production of large-scale events and activities for the City of Jacksonville. Assist in the production of printed and electronic marketing materials, web content and social media, research best practices in event planning and present innovative marketing ideas, and additional administrative duties as assigned.
Events produced by the Office of Sports and Entertainment include:
- Florida vs. Georgia
- Jacksonville Jazz Festival
- World of Nations Celebration
- Jacksonville Sea & Sky Spectacular
- Martin Luther King Jr. Breakfast
- Fourth of July Fireworks Celebration
- Jacksonville Light Boat Parade
- Holiday at St. James
- Veterans Day Parade
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks
- Currently enrolled at an accredited college or university with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 and a minimum GPA of 2.75 in field of study
- Strong interest in public service and event marketing
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills with strong written, oral and communications skills
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment, adheres to strict deadlines, has well-developed computer skills and is professional, flexible and dependable
- Ability to work independently under general policy directions and exercise independent judgment when appropriate
Internships are available are available for summer, spring and fall semesters and are designed to allow students the opportunity to:
- Apply their academic course work to hands-on practical experience
- Build networking contacts
- Exchange ideas with professionals in the field
- Acquire respectable portfolio samples
Student interns are representative of the City of Jacksonville and the Office of Sports and Entertainment, their college or university and their community. The Office of Sports and Entertainment is committed to providing each intern with the highest on-the-job training possible. In turn, each intern is expected to make the most of this opportunity.
Compensation & Hours
This is unpaid position with flexible hours. College course credit is available. Internship hours will be negotiable between the supervisor and student depending on university regulations. However, some weekend and holiday work may be required for the events.