FREE Building Industry Technology Training for the JACKSONVILLE Area Military & Veteran Community
OPEN TO SPOUSES AND DEPENDENTS OVER 18
Home Builders Institute (HBI) is a National Nonprofit Organization that provides training, curriculum development and job placement services for the building industry for the past 50 years. Our training programs are taught in local communities across the country. Our focus is on Building Careers and Changing Lives, To learn more about all that we offer please visit our website at www.hbi.org
Certificates and Workshops Offered Virtually and Physically
What is PACT?
- Pre-Apprenticeship Certificate Training (PACT) - Carpentry
- OSHA-10 Workplace safety Certification
- First Aid /AED/CPR Certification
- Employability workshop
- Job placement assistance
The PACT curriculum is one of only three U.S. Department of Labor-recognized pre-apprenticeship curricula. HBI’s PACT program in Jacksonville is designed to serve Active, Transitioning, Reservist and Veteran Military members along with their Spouses, and Dependents over 18 years of age.
Students gain vocational and academic skills to secure meaningful careers across many different sectors of the building industry, giving businesses a competitive edge when hiring new workers. The program uniquely supports students at every stage of the employment continuum—successfully connecting, assessing, training, certifying, and placing students in high-growth building industry careers.
Why take the OSHA 10 Course?
A current OSHA card is an asset in any industry. Safety training enhances your professional marketability and provides a broader spectrum of personal awareness in relation to maintaining safety on the job or at home.
– December 11th
, Monday – Thursday, 9am – 3pm
– February 5th
, Monday – Thursday, 9am – 3pm
FREE Carpentry Training with Home Builders Institute (HBI)
No Cost to Military Members, Spouses, or Dependents
Past or Present*
- HBI (Home Builders Institute): Certifications Offered: OSHA 10, First Aid/CPR/AED, Pre-Apprenticeship Certificate Training, and Job Placement Promotion Class.
- Classes are held monthly! 2020-2021 calendar Nov 16th, Jan 11th, Feb 16th, Mar 15th, Apr 12th, May 10th, Jun 7th
- Date/Time: Mon-Thurs 9am - 3pm
- Address: 2708 W. Beaver Street, Jacksonville, FL 32254
- For more information or to secure your seat:
Contact Randall “Steve” Brown at (407)-793-4360 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Website: www.hbi.org
: Florida Veterans and Active Duty Military Personnel separating from a Florida military base/within 180 days of separation/involved in a TAPS program may receive the training at NO COST.
• Veterans and Reservist Military Personnel
: Must provide their DD214, proof of Florida residency, and right to work in the United States.
• Separating Active Duty Military Personnel
: Must provide a completed DD2648 TAP Completion Checklist or DD2958 Individual Transition Plan signed by the service member and the Transition Counselor.
• Veteran/Military Spouse or Dependent
: Must provide Military ID or veteran DD214, proof of Florida residency, right to work in the United States, marriage license, or birth certificate.