In response to the unfortunate and extenuating circumstances regarding COVID-19, the Duval County Property Appraiser’s Tangible Personal Property Division would like to address some recent concerns and questions:
- The deadline to file your Tangible Personal Property Return (Form DR-405) will not be automatically extended.
- A 30 day extension will be granted for all accounts on which a request is made prior to the deadline of April 1st. This can be done by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. At a minimum, the account number is needed along with a second identifyable factor such as owner name or EIN, or site address. For requests of multiple accounts, please do not send multiple emails; instead please send one email with the list as an Excel attachment.
- Because of the existing circumstances, we will also accept completed and signed returns (DR-405) via email to email@example.com. To reiterate, please ensure that the return is signed as required per Florida Statutes. A verified e-signature will be accepted, or, a copy of a wet signature. If the preparer provides a signed letter of authorization, then just the preparer’s signature is acceptable.
- The office is open for walk-ins; However, it is strongly encouraged that you call or email the office first, as almost all issues can be resolved in this manner. Please do not hesitate to call the office at 904-255-5903 with any questions.
Tangible Personal Property is all property, other than real estate, that is used in a business or for income-producing purposes.
Furniture, tools, machinery, leased equipment and office supplies, as well as items in rental properties such as furniture and appliances, are all tangible personal property.
Florida law requires that these items annually be reported to and assessed by the Property Appraiser's Office. Find out more by reading Frequently Asked Questions relating to Tangible Personal Property.
View this presentation to learn more about reporting Tangible Personal Property in Duval County, Florida.
Tangible Personal Property Database Search
All downloads require Adobe Reader.
Requests for worth tables and/or economic life guides on prior years may be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests for a 30 day filing extension must be received, in writing, prior to the April 1st filing date. When filing a request please include the:
- Business Name
- Location Address
- TPP Account Number
- Reason for the extension request
If you cannot locate the TPP Number for your extension request, search the Tangible Personal Property Database.
You may send your request via mail, fax, or email; however, email is preferred. Additionally, if you have multiple accounts for which you are requesting an extension, please attach an Excel file with the list of account numbers, name, and location.
Duval County Property Appraisers Office
Attn: Tangible Personal Property Division
231 East Forsyth St, Room 330
Jacksonville, Fl 32202
Note: Due to the volume of extension requests please use your certified mail receipt, registered mail receipt or fax transmission report as confirmation that we received your request.
Tangible Personal Property Department: 904-255-5903