Danny is the President and founder of Planogramming Solutions, Inc., an international consulting and outsourcing Solutions Company founded in 1991 here in Jacksonville, Florida. Danny moved to Jacksonville from his hometown of Valdosta, Ga. in 1985 transferring to Winn-Dixie Corporate after having graduated from Valdosta State University on a Winn-Dixie Scholarship earning a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Business Management and Management Information Systems.
Danny has served the City and his Southside community as a leader for many years through various community groups and appointments beginning with the founding of Better Baymeadows Inc. a Public/Private Partnership with the Florida Department of Transportation and with the Baymeadows Community Council. Since 2007, Danny has served on the District 3, Mayor’s Citizens Planning Advisory Committee and for many years chairing the Growth Management and Transportation committee as well as Vice-Chair of the organization. In 2012, Danny was appointed by the Jacksonville City Council to the TRUE Commission, (Taxation, Revenue & Utilization of Expenditures Commission) and in 2013 to the JIA Area Re-Development Agency Board.
Danny helped lead the effort to “Re-District” the Southside. As a result of his work with the Jacksonville City Council in November 2011, the Council approved Bill 2011-554 to create a new Southside District 11. As the first elected City Councilman for this area, Danny appreciates the honor and privilege to represent this new District.
Danny and his wife Linda were married in 1992 and have two daughters Ashlyn and Lauren. The Becton Family attend CrossRoad United Methodist Church.
Community and Civic Activities:
• Southside Business Owner, President, Planogramming Solutions, Inc., since 1991.
• Board Member, Valdosta State University, Langdale School of Business.
• Treasurer, Past President, Board of Directors, Deercreek CC Owners Association.
• Community Neighborhood Contributor - “Southside Newsline”, Monthly Publication.
• Chair, JDA Software, Worldwide SIG Organization for Retailers.
• COJ TRUE Commissioner (Taxation, Revenue & Utilization of Expenditures Commission).
• COJ SB District 7, JIA Area Redevelopment Agency Board Member.
• COJ District 3, SE Vision Planning Steering Committee.
• Citizens Advisory Member, JTA Southside Blvd Visioning Study.
• Vice-Chair, District 3, COJ Mayor’s Southeast Citizens Planning and Advisory Committee.
• Chair, Growth Management and Transportation, SE CPAC, District 3.
• Member, Twin Lakes Academy Middle School, “SAC” School Advisory Board.
• Vice-Chair, Mandarin Oaks Elementary, “SAC” School Advisory Board.
• Atlantic Coast High School, “SAC” School Advisory Board.
• Mandarin High School, “SAC” School Advisory Board.
• Boundary Steering Committee for Atlantic Coast High School.
• Baymeadows Community Council, Executive Committee.
• President, Better Baymeadows, Inc., public/private partnership with FDOT.