In observance of the Thanksgiving holiday, many city government offices and facilities will be closed Thursday, Nov. 23 and Friday, Nov. 24.
Garbage, Yard Waste and Recycling Collection
- City Hall at St. James, 117 W. Duval St.
- Ed Ball Building, 214 N. Hogan St.
- Jake M. Godbold City Hall Annex, 407 N. Laura St.
- Yates Building, 231 E. Forsyth St.
- (The Office of the Tax Collector, including all Tax Collector branch offices and The Office of the Property Appraiser)
- Duval County Courthouse, 501 W. Adams St.
- Supervisor of Elections main office, 105 E. Monroe St.
- Animal Care and Protective Services, 2020 Forest St.
- Municipal Code Compliance Division, 214 N. Hogan St.
- Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department administrative offices, 515 N. Julia St.
- Parks and Recreation Department offices, 214 N. Hogan St.
- All community and senior centers and gymnasiums managed by the Parks and Recreation Department
- Tillie K. Fowler Regional Park Nature Center, 7000 Roosevelt Blvd.
- Victim Services Center, 403 W. 10th St.
- Jacksonville Children’s Commission, 1095 A. Philip Randolph Blvd.
- Social Service Division Emergency Assistance office, 1809 Art Museum Drive
- Right-of-Way and Stormwater Management Division administrative offices, 609 St. Johns Bluff Road
- Mowing and Landscape Maintenance Division administrative offices, 609 St. Johns Bluff Road
- Solid Waste Division administrative offices, 1031 Superior St.
- Household Hazardous Waste Facility, 2675 Commonwealth Ave.
- The Ritz Theatre & Museum, 829 N. Davis St.
- Jacksonville Public Library - Main Library and all branches will close at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 22, and will remain closed Thursday, Nov. 23, and Friday, Nov. 24.
Residential garbage, yard waste and recycling will not be collected on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 23. Residential garbage, yard waste and recycling normally collected on Thursday, will be collected on Saturday, Nov. 25. For those who regularly receive Friday collection service, residential garbage, yard waste and recycling will be collected as usual on Friday, Nov. 24. The Household Hazardous Waste Facility, 2675 Commonwealth Ave., will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 23 and Friday, Nov. 24, and will resume normal operating hours on Saturday, Nov. 25.
630-CITY Call Center
The office will be closed Thursday, Nov. 23, and Friday, Nov. 24, and will reopen at 8 a.m. Monday, Nov. 27. Citizens can submit a request for City service online anytime at 630CITY.coj.net
Tennis Centers will be closed Thursday, Nov. 23. They will be open on Friday, Nov. 24 from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Outdoor pools are closed. Cecil Aquatics will be closed Thursday, Nov. 23, and Friday, Nov. 24, and will reopen Saturday, Nov. 25 at 9 a.m.
Huguenot Memorial Park
Huguenot Memorial Park will be open 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 23, and Friday, Nov. 24. Camping and shelter rentals are not available at this time.
Periodically, Huguenot Memorial Park managers must implement limited beach parking plans in preparation for high tides or other natural occurrences which could cause beach and/or park closures if maximum vehicle capacity is reached. Park-goers are always encouraged to check conditions before visiting the park by calling (904) 255-4255 or visiting www.jaxparks.com.
Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park
Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park will maintain regular hours Thursday, Nov. 23, and Friday, Nov. 24, (8 a.m. - 6 p.m.). Park day-users and campground visitors may enter from 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. All but permitted campers and their authorized visitors with passes must depart by 6 p.m. Camping reservations close at 5:30 p.m. daily. Only campers with prepaid reservations can gain access from 5:30 p.m. - 9 p.m. People without a prepaid pass waiting for them will not be admitted after 5:30 p.m. All campers must check-in by 9 p.m. and have tents and RV’s set up by 9:30 p.m. After 9 p.m., no one may enter to set up on a campsite.