As part of an Equal Business Opportunity Office initiative to promote the JSEB Program, the following testimonials are provided from current JSEB vendors. The EBO Office staff hopes that these testimonials will help to encourage local small business owners to join the JSEB Program and benefit from the contract opportunities as well as business development resources.
Erica Postway of PTY Contractors, LLC
Experience: "We are currently certified as a JSEB vendor and have received training through JSEB program in OSHA 30 General, OSHA 30 Construction, Storm Water Erosion & Sedimentation Control Inspector & Safety Management, HAZWOPER 40 and LEAD certified, CSSO certified, USACE Construction Quality Orientation Management for Contractors #784, Fall Protection in General Industry, Aerial Lift Safety Training, Powered Industrial Truck Safety training, COVID 19 Health Assessment training and Government Contracting program through UNF PTAC/JSEB.
PTY Contractors have received a contract through JSEB to remodel the TIAA parking lot department and that built the confidence we needed to stand and go after other projects. Currently we are doing our renovation to our new brick and mortar which will be opening soon and would be an honor for JSEB and UNF PTAC to come out a support like they have always done in the past, in the meantime we are actively providing services to our community and home owners.
JSEB has assisted us in propelling into the Federal world of contracting. The guidance and trainings that we have received is priceless. They are easy to consult with, accessible, caring about our growth and most of all listen to our request and do the upmost in attaining what is necessary to grow your business beyond the City limits. We also learn how valuable teaming is and working with other small business like ourselves.
One goal that we were able to obtain through JSEB/UNF PTAC preparation and guidance was being approved through the SBA for the All-Small Mentorship program with our Mentor Whitehorn Construction Inc. We are looking forward to a successful 2023 upcoming year in building and expanding into different arenas thanks to JSEB/ UNF PTAC."
Nichole Mobley of T&N Xpress
Experience: JSEB means the following to me:
- Access to Opportunities: The JSEB program provides small and emerging businesses with access to opportunites that they might not otherwise be able to access. By participating in the program, businesses can qualify for contracts that are specifically set aside for small and emerging businessees, giving them a competitive advantage in government procurement.
- Technical Assistance: The JSEB program offers technical assistance, training programs, and workshops that provide small businesses with the knowledge and skills they need to compete in government contracting. These programs cover a wide range of topics, including marketing, financial management, and contract management, which are essential for success in the government contracting arena.
- Networking: The JSEB program also provides small businesses with networking opportunities, allowing them to build relationships with other small businesses, large contractors, and government agencies. These relationships can be critical in securing contracts and developing new business opportunities.
- Business Development: The JSEB program also offers business development support, helping small businesses to develop their business plans, identify new markets, and expand their operations. This support can be especially valuable for small businesses that are just starting out or looking to grow.
- Overall, the JSEB program isvital for small businesses because it provides them with access to opportunities, technical assistance, networking, and business development support that they might not otherwise have access to. By participating in the program, small businesses can grow and succeed in the government contracting arena, creating jobs and contributing to the local economy.