Bait & Tackle
Boat Trailer Parking
On the water
Paddle Board Rental
Major William Webb purchased 31.2 acres on the St. Johns River in Mandarin in 1873. He built a home, barn and 1,000-foot dock extending into the St. Johns River. Walter Jones, proprietor of the Mandarin Store and Post Office, moved his family to the homestead in the early 1900s and his family members occupied the property until 1992. The City of Jacksonville acquired 10 acres of Major Webb’s original homestead from the descendents of Walter Jones in 1994 for the purpose of creating the city’s first historical park. The park opened to the public in August 2000 and includes the museum, restored farmhouse, barn, outbuildings, sawmill, historic schoolhouse, nature trail along a riverfront boardwalk, picnic area and restrooms. The park and farmhouse are handicapped accessible. The Mandarin Museum & Historical Society operates the museum and park facilities under a contract with the city.
Please see http://www.mandarinmuseum.net for information about Mandarin Museum activities.