Anna is a Jacksonville native, grew up in Murray Hill and is an at-large member of the Jacksonville City Council. The daughter of a retired Senior Chief (DKCS) from the U.S. Navy who hails from Hagonoy Bulacan Philippines, Anna is proud to be the first Asian American elected to Jacksonville City Council and the first female Filipino American City Council member in Florida. She is wife to Dave, Commander (CDR) in the U.S. Navy Reserve, and mother of three children.
Anna is managing shareholder of Ennis Pellum & Associates CPAs, and has over 20 years of accounting, auditing, and business management experience. In addition to leading the firm of 35 people, Anna leads the firm’s audit practice and has had an instrumental role in building the firm’s culture that is the foundation of 19 local, state, and national awards: the Jacksonville Business Journal’s Best Places to Work and Partners in Philanthropy, 904 magazine’s Company with Heart, Florida Trend’s Best Companies to Work For, and Accounting Today magazine’s Best Accounting Firms to Work For. The firm serves public and private companies primarily in the Northeast Florida region and has five practice areas: accounting, tax, audit, technology, and business advisory services.
Anna obtained her Bachelors of Business Administration (Accounting) and Master of Accountancy from the University of North Florida. She started her career at Ernst & Young LLP and then served as Finance Director for a technology law firm. Anna is a certified public accountant licensed in Florida and Georgia.
Anna is active in the community and has a long history of mentoring young business professionals and business owners. Anna has served on the Boards of Directors for: United Way of Northeast Florida (Chair), JAX Chamber, JAX Chamber Foundation, University of North Florida Foundation, University of North Florida Coggin College of Business Alumni Chapter, Ritz Chamber Music Society, and the Women’s Giving Alliance.
Anna is a member of the following organizations:
- Jacksonville Women’s Network
- Women’s Giving Alliance
- Leadership Jacksonville Class of 2009
- JAX Chamber Foundation Political Leadership Institute Class of 2010
Anna has mentored business owners and young professionals in the following programs:
- Jacksonville Women’s Business Center’s Financial Matters and Advanced Financial Matters Mentoring Programs
- Jacksonville Women’s Business Center’s ATHENA Powerlink Mentoring Program
- U.S. Small Business Administration’s e200 Program
- University of North Florida Career Management Center Mentoring Program
- JAX Chamber ImpactJAX Mentoring Program
Anna has received the following local, state and national recognitions:
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Trailblazer Award – The Baptist Ministers Conference of Duval
- Woman of Power Award – Jacksonville Urban League
- Woman of Distinction – Girl Scouts of Gateway Council
- Award for Civic Engagement & Environmental Stewardship – Scenic Jacksonville
- Ultimate Financial Officer – Jacksonville Business Journal
- Women to Watch Awards Finalist – Florida Institute of CPAs
- Prime F. Osborn III Distinguished Alumna Award – University of North Florida Coggin College of Business Distinguished Business Leaders
- Top Mover and Shaker in Jacksonville – Jacksonville Business Journal
- 40 Under 40 recognition – CPA Practice Advisor Magazine
- Top 50 Small Business Influencers – Jacksonville Business Advantage Magazine
- World of Difference 100 Award (awarded to women from 6 continents and 24 countries for their contributions to the economic empowerment of women) – The International Alliance for Women
- Corporate Leader of the Year – Women in Business Awards
- College Distinguished Alumna Award – University of North Florida Coggin College of Business
- Spirit of Rosie Award – Women’s Center of Jacksonville, Women’s Digest, Women’s Center of FCCJ and the Mayor’s Commission of The Status of Women
- President’s “Fab Grad” Distinction – University of North Florida
- Women of Influence – Jacksonville Business Journal
- 40 Under 40 – Jacksonville Business Journal