Summer Night Lights
June 15 - August 4, 2018
Fridays 7 to 10 p.m.
Saturdays 7 to 11 p.m.
The Summer Night Lights Program (SNL) is a youth anti-gang, anti-crime initiative, implemented and managed by the City of Jacksonville Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department. Its primary goal is to assist in reducing the crime rates in at-risk communities served by the program that will enhance the overall quality of life.
The program provides jobs to teens that live within the communities (Teen Squad) and engages others in social recreation activities and structured life-enhancing workshops. Our workshops will educate participants on health, wellness and social skills, while our social recreation and sports activities will help promote active life styles.
Some of the unique offerings at this year’s SNL locations include (video) game trucks, movie nights and teen focused interactive inflatables.
The Jacksonville Sherriff’s Office (JSO) has been a major program partner since the inception of SNL providing officers at each of SNL location engaging with SNL participants.
This year’s partners include:
- Justified Services – a program that encourages young people to reach their full potential creating a positive, fun and safe environment through dance, music, sports and mentoring. They providing “Real Talk” breakout sessions and group discussion on current relative issues affecting today’s inner city youth.
- Jump4Jax an interactive “Double Dutch” jump rope squad, teaching kids different jump rope techniques
- One Step Up – offering life skills and training and interactive recreation activities
- Junior Achievement – providing youth “Money Matters” classes
- Champaint – Fine arts and mural painting classes
- Chartwell Food Services – providing a healthy full-dinner every Friday night
- Mobile PAL – Interacting with JSO officers and offering life skills in a positive setting
All of the services are FREE to all participants
- Emmett Reed Community Center – 1093 6th Street,
- Clanzel T Brown Park – Moncrief Road
- Mary Lena Gibbs Park– Wilson Blvd
- Cuba Hunter Park – Bedford Rd off Emerson
In addition to programming at the center we have a number of swimming pools offering night swimming they include:
DOWNLOAD THE SUMMER NIGHT LIGHTS FLYER.
- Charles Clark Park– Sibbald Rd.
- Harts Road - Harts Rd.
- Thomas Jefferson in Marietta – Jackson Ave.
- Woodland Acres – Kona Ave
- CT Brown – Moncrief Rd
- RF Kennedy – Ionia Street