Office of Economic Development
To enhance the quality of life for all of Jacksonville by developing and executing policies that strengthen the economy, broaden the tax base, and create opportunities for advancement of the workforce and local small business enterprises.
- Recruit and expand high wage job opportunities in targeted industries throughout Jacksonville.
- Promote private capital investment that results in an increase in the commercial tax base.
- Redevelop economically distressed areas by encouraging private capital investment and higher wage job opportunities within those areas.
- Advocate for small business/entrepreneurial growth and expansion.
- Encourage downtown development in accordance with the Downtown Investment Authority’s Master Plan.
- Maintain an overall system of accountability that allows a high level of confidence in our stewardship of public funds.
Public Records Notice: The City of Jacksonville is committed to making its website compliant with all state, local, and federal laws, as well as accessible to as many people as possible. The City is currently developing a procedure to make all documents posted ADA accessible. In the meantime, public records that are not currently accessible will not be posted to the City’s website but remain available pursuant to a public records request. To submit a public records request online visit MyJax or call (904) 630-CITY.
117 West Duval Street, Suite 275, Jacksonville, FL 32202, (904) 255-5444