Bruce Park

     
Rated for
 

Available Amenities

Artificial Reef Bait & Tackle Baseball Basketball Benches Beach Pier Bike Racks Bike Trail Birding Trail Boat Dock Boat Fuel Boat Pumpout Boat Ramp Boat Trailer Parking Canoe Rental Community Center Concession Stand Drinking Fountain Equestrian Trail Fishing Available Football Golf Grills Hiking Trail Nonmotorized Launch Kayak Rental Lighting Manatee Education Multipurpose Field On the water Paddle Board Rental Parking PWC Rental Picnic Shelters Picnic Tables Playground Restaurant Restrooms RiverWalk Sailboard Rental Sailboat Rental Scenic Overlook Skate Park Soccer Surfing Swimming Pool Tennis Trash Barrels

About Bruce Park

Bruce Park is located in Arlington, at the corner of Arlington and Rogero Roads. The park takes its name from Frederick W. Bruce (1845-1932), who with H. L. Sprinkle and others founded the Alderman Realty Co. in 1911. The company developed 1100 acres in Arlington, and established a ferry service across the St. Johns River from downtown’s Beaver Street to Arlington. Mr. Bruce was a civil engineer who worked on such projects as the construction of Henry Flagler’s hotels in St. Augustine and the jetty construction at Mayport. The opening of the Mathews Bridge in 1953 spurred twenty years of unprecedented growth in Arlington and the need for more recreational space. As trustees of land set aside for park purposes by Sprinkle and Bruce in 1924, the Arlington Community Club donated the property to Duval County in 1954. The park then opened in 1955 and was taken over by the City after consolidation in 1968. Additional features:
Amenity Count
Baseball Youth 1
Basketball 1
Basketball Lighted 2
Benches 5
Bike racks 2
Bleachers 2
Car Parking 11
Concession Stand 1
Perimeter Site Fencing  
Picnic shelters 2
Picnic Tables 5
Playground Equipment 2
Restrooms 1