Colonial Manor Lake Park

     
Rated for
 

Available Amenities

Artificial Reef Bait & Tackle Baseball Basketball Benches Beach Pier Bike Racks Bike Trail Birding Trail Boat Dock Boat Fuel Boat Pumpout Boat Ramp Boat Trailer Parking Canoe Rental Community Center Concession Stand Drinking Fountain Equestrian Trail Fishing Available Football Golf Grills Hiking Trail Nonmotorized Launch Kayak Rental Lighting Manatee Education Multipurpose Field On the water Paddle Board Rental Parking PWC Rental Picnic Shelters Picnic Tables Playground Restaurant Restrooms RiverWalk Sailboard Rental Sailboat Rental Scenic Overlook Skate Park Soccer Surfing Swimming Pool Tennis Trash Barrels

About Colonial Manor Lake Park

Colonial Manor Lake Park consists of a five-acre lake and a narrow strip of land located along San Jose Blvd., in the Colonial Manor neighborhood of south Jacksonville. The property was part of the 450-acre Red Bank plantation established by Albert Philips around 1850. The name Colonial Manor derives from Philip’s Colonial-style plantation home, which is now on the National Register of Historic Places. A company headed by James R. Stockton, whose father Telfair Stockton developed San Marco, platted the subdivision in 1938 and dedicated the man-made lake to public use. As feeding of the ducks evolved into a Southside tradition, the lake became known as the San Jose Duck Pond. In more recent years, the familiar tiered fountain in the center of the lake was replaced by two floating aerators, and the San Marco Preservation Society also organized the annual remote control Boat Regatta and Community Picnic at the park. Additional features:
Amenity Count
Benches 5
Car Parking 12
Drinking Fountain  
Trash Barrels 5