Edwards Park

     
Rated for
 

Available Amenities

Artificial Reef Bait & Tackle Baseball Basketball Benches Beach Pier Bike Racks Bike Trail Birding Trail Boat Dock Boat Fuel Boat Pumpout Boat Ramp Boat Trailer Parking Canoe Rental Community Center Concession Stand Drinking Fountain Equestrian Trail Fishing Available Football Golf Grills Hiking Trail Nonmotorized Launch Kayak Rental Lighting Manatee Education Multipurpose Field On the water Paddle Board Rental Parking PWC Rental Picnic Shelters Picnic Tables Playground Restaurant Restrooms RiverWalk Sailboard Rental Sailboat Rental Scenic Overlook Skate Park Soccer Surfing Swimming Pool Tennis Trash Barrels

About Edwards Park

Edwards Park is located in north Jacksonville’s Dyal-Upchurch subdivision, which was platted in 1904. The Dyal-Upchurch Company moved to the City and hired Henry Klutho as architect for the first high-rise building constructed in downtown after the Great Fire of 1901. During the period from 1920 to 1928, the City purchased the land for the park, which was expanded by the addition of two lots in 1951. When the park opened around 1928, it was named Walter Edwards Park and contained a baseball diamond with a backstop. A small community center with a meeting room and restrooms was built on the west side of Franklin Street, and may at one time been considered part of the park. In 1975, the passive park’s design was the same as today – a square expanse of lawn with a circular concrete walk in the middle, from which diagonal and perpendicular walks radiate to the perimeter. Additional features:
Amenity Count
Benches 3
Grills 3
Picnic Tables 3
Playground Equipment 2
Trash Barrels 4