Huguenot Park

     
Rated for
 

Available Amenities

Artificial Reef Bait & Tackle Baseball Basketball Benches Beach Pier Bike Racks Bike Trail Birding Trail Boat Dock Boat Fuel Boat Pumpout Boat Ramp Boat Trailer Parking Canoe Rental Community Center Concession Stand Drinking Fountain Equestrian Trail Fishing Available Football Golf Grills Hiking Trail Nonmotorized Launch Kayak Rental Lighting Manatee Education Multipurpose Field On the water Paddle Board Rental Parking PWC Rental Picnic Shelters Picnic Tables Playground Restaurant Restrooms RiverWalk Sailboard Rental Sailboat Rental Scenic Overlook Skate Park Soccer Surfing Swimming Pool Tennis Trash Barrels

About Huguenot Park

The Huguenots were French Protestants of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. In 1562, a group of Huguenots lead by Jean Ribault, sailed across the Atlantic Ocean to the mouth of the St. Johns River, and European colonization of the Jacksonville area began. Huguenot Park resides on Jacksonville’s Southside, near the intersection of Spring Park Road and Emerson Street. John and Joanna Hunter donated the property to the City in 1952, with the stipulation that it be used for a park and named as a memorial to the Huguenots. The park was undeveloped in 1969, but by 1977 it had been completely fenced and contained a baseball field. In 2003, the park presents a nice neighborhood setting, with a dense stand of trees around part of the perimeter. Additional features:
Amenity Count
Benches 2
Bleachers 1
Perimeter Site Fencing  
Playground Equipment 2
Softball Adult 1
Trash Barrels 3