J.S. Johnson Park

     
Rated for
 

Available Amenities

Artificial Reef Bait & Tackle Baseball Basketball Benches Beach Pier Bike Racks Bike Trail Birding Trail Boat Dock Boat Fuel Boat Pumpout Boat Ramp Boat Trailer Parking Canoe Rental Community Center Concession Stand Drinking Fountain Equestrian Trail Fishing Available Football Golf Grills Hiking Trail Nonmotorized Launch Kayak Rental Lighting Manatee Education Multipurpose Field On the water Paddle Board Rental Parking PWC Rental Picnic Shelters Picnic Tables Playground Restaurant Restrooms RiverWalk Sailboard Rental Sailboat Rental Scenic Overlook Skate Park Soccer Surfing Swimming Pool Tennis Trash Barrels

About J.S. Johnson Park

J. S. Johnson Park is located in the Brooklyn section of Jacksonville. The area, part of a former corn and cotton plantation, was platted in 1868 by Miles Price, a Confederate veteran who named Stonewall and Jackson Streets after the famous Southern general. The City acquired the park property during the period 1967-1969. The Park and its Service Center, built in 1970, are named for Rev. John S. Johnson (1884-1969). He served as minister for several local AME churches, and was pastor of St. Stephens at the time of his death. He served on the board of directors of Edwards Waters College and the Eartha M. M. White Nursing Home and on the executive committee of the NAACP. Over the years, the Service Center has provided free lunches for children and senior citizens. Additional features:
Amenity Count
Benches 2
Bike racks 1
Car Parking 12
Community Center  
Grills 1
Perimeter Site Fencing  
Picnic shelters 1
Picnic Tables 3
Playground Equipment 3
Tennis Hard 2
Trash Barrels 6