John D. Liverman Park

     
Rated for
 

Available Amenities

Artificial Reef Bait & Tackle Baseball Basketball Benches Beach Pier Bike Racks Bike Trail Birding Trail Boat Dock Boat Fuel Boat Pumpout Boat Ramp Boat Trailer Parking Canoe Rental Community Center Concession Stand Drinking Fountain Equestrian Trail Fishing Available Football Golf Grills Hiking Trail Nonmotorized Launch Kayak Rental Lighting Manatee Education Multipurpose Field On the water Paddle Board Rental Parking PWC Rental Picnic Shelters Picnic Tables Playground Restaurant Restrooms RiverWalk Sailboard Rental Sailboat Rental Scenic Overlook Skate Park Soccer Surfing Swimming Pool Tennis Trash Barrels

About John D. Liverman Park

John D. Liverman Park is located in the Normandy section of west Jacksonville. The name Normandy dates back to 1944 when Normandy Blvd. was named as a memoriam to the soldiers killed in the World War II invasion at Normandy, a province of France. In 1973, the Normandy Community Club donated a 12-acre parcel to the City for the initial park, and asked that it be named for its past-president John D. Liverman Jr. (1925-67). He served in Europe during WWII and is buried in Arlington National Cemetery. The park was later enlarged with adjacent City property that had been used for water and sewer services. Most of the site is open, undeveloped land, and Cedar Creek flows through the middle of the park. Additional features:
Amenity Count
Baseball Youth 1
Benches 2
Perimeter Site Fencing  
Softball Adult 1
Tennis Hard 2