Murray Drive Playground

     
Rated for
 

Available Amenities

Artificial Reef Bait & Tackle Baseball Basketball Benches Beach Pier Bike Racks Bike Trail Birding Trail Boat Dock Boat Fuel Boat Pumpout Boat Ramp Boat Trailer Parking Canoe Rental Community Center Concession Stand Drinking Fountain Equestrian Trail Fishing Available Football Golf Grills Hiking Trail Nonmotorized Launch Kayak Rental Lighting Manatee Education Multipurpose Field On the water Paddle Board Rental Parking PWC Rental Picnic Shelters Picnic Tables Playground Restaurant Restrooms RiverWalk Sailboard Rental Sailboat Rental Scenic Overlook Skate Park Soccer Surfing Swimming Pool Tennis Trash Barrels

About Murray Drive Playground

Murray Drive Playground is one of four City parks in the Murray Hill section of west Jacksonville. The property was platted in 1910, and the street along the site’s eastern side was originally named Harkisheimer Avenue. William Harkisheimer was one of the developers of the Edgewood subdivision and probably Murray Hill Heights also. In later years, officials changed the street’s name to Murray Drive. The County purchased the land for the park in 1947, and acquired another small portion in 1961. Since Murray Hill’s oldest house was built in 1897, the area has grown to over five thousand homes in 2003. The small neighborhood park provides children’s play equipment and two benches for relaxation, under a canopy of spreading oak trees. Additional features:
Amenity Count
Benches 4
Perimeter Site Fencing  
Playground Equipment 2
Trash Barrels 1