Murray Hill Playground is located in the Murray Hill section of west Jacksonville. One of the City’s oldest schools, Ruth N. Upson Elementary (formerly the Murray Hill School built in 1916)) resides just northwest of the park. Murray Hill incorporated in 1916 and remained a separate municipality until its annexation by Jacksonville in 1925. In 1941, the heirs of J. Graeme Drew sold the park property to the City. Several athletic associations have used and helped maintain the playground over the years including the Murray Hill Youth Assoc., the Wright Youth Assoc., and most recently the Murray Hill Athletic Assoc. Improvement projects in 2001-2003 added two scoreboards, a walk path, fencing for two T-ball fields, a water feature, three portable shelters, a playscape and more.
|Baseball Youth Lighted||2|
|Perimeter Site Fencing|