Panama Park

     
Rated for
 

Available Amenities

Artificial Reef Bait & Tackle Baseball Basketball Benches Beach Pier Bike Racks Bike Trail Birding Trail Boat Dock Boat Fuel Boat Pumpout Boat Ramp Boat Trailer Parking Canoe Rental Community Center Concession Stand Drinking Fountain Equestrian Trail Fishing Available Football Golf Grills Hiking Trail Nonmotorized Launch Kayak Rental Lighting Manatee Education Multipurpose Field On the water Paddle Board Rental Parking PWC Rental Picnic Shelters Picnic Tables Playground Restaurant Restrooms RiverWalk Sailboard Rental Sailboat Rental Scenic Overlook Skate Park Soccer Surfing Swimming Pool Tennis Trash Barrels

About Panama Park

Panama Park is located along Buffalo Avenue, between 59th and 60th Streets, in the Panama Park suburb of north Jacksonville. After annexing the area in 1925, the City purchased ten acres for the park from developer Charles E. Bell in 1929. Approximately seven acres became Panama Playground, with active recreation facilities such as baseball fields, while the remaining three-acre tract with many trees was established as a passive facility named Buffalo Park. Following the consolidation of Jacksonville in 1968, the City combined the two facilities into Panama Playground, later known as Panama Park – which at the time was the largest public recreational facility in north Jacksonville. The Charlie T. Joseph Community Center (now a Senior Center) resides across from the northeast section of the park. And the City completed a major improvement project at Panama Park in 2003. Additional features:
Amenity Count
Baseball Adult Lighted 1
Basketball Lighted 1
Benches 15
Bleachers 4
Car Parking 36
Drinking Fountain  
Perimeter Site Fencing  
Picnic Tables 4
Playground Equipment 2
Restrooms 1
Security Lighting  
Softball Adult Lighted 1
Tennis Hard Lighted